Monday, August 3, 2009

you're going where?

14. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: Sophomore year at BYU, I decided to go on a study abroad to the Dominican Republic. I lived in Santiago for four months and attended PUCMM (pontificia universidad catolico del madre y maestre) (we pronounced it poo-ka-my-may) We travelled the entire country top to bottom, east to west--even going to Haiti and spending a weekend in Puerto Rico. It was hard--a lot of the conveniences I'm accustomed to were not there, it was hot and buggy, but I LOVED it. I had some crazy adventures and looking back probably was a little naive and stupid. Marilyn admits she wouldn't have let me go now looking back. The program only lasted another year or two and I have to believe, we might have been part of the reason that led to its demise. oops. I would totally advocate every college student to go on a study abroad--it was an awesome experience.


finished my last term paper

Dulce and Chachi (my "parents")

Sammy Sosa received an honorary degree from the university I went to

standard highway travel. there's a mini truck under there somewhere


hands down the worst picture of me ever taken

the crew

carnival

i'm the girl who appears to be 400 lbs in the middle

local flavor

conchos--public transportation


please note the Jesus decal on the headlight. it was pretty impressive at night and pointed at a wall


1 comment:

Jenny N said...

I remember hearing stories from this trip and thinking you were lucky to be alive.