Thursday, August 6, 2009

3 decades and counting

Happy Birthday to me! Wow 30 years old. I had a great time doing my little "all about me" project the last 3 weeks. I totally lost steam in the middle and it almost became a thorn in my side to get it done but it was so much fun going through old pictures and remembering funny stories and seeing some old faces. I think, most of all, I realized how blessed I am and how fortunate I've been over the years. And also, I didn't do any of these things alone--I've been surrounded by wonderful people my whole life and I know not everyone can say that. I had amazing parents who took me on vacation, and sat in the audience of my plays and shows and softball games and sisters who let me tag along, and wear their clothes, and who truly became my friends when I was at BYU. And great friends, some since first grade and some since just recent--but the adventures we've had and crazy antics we come up with are uniquely us and i wouldn't have had it any other way. I also realized that I could never list all the things I've done and experiences I've had. I've had catfish on Beale Street in Memphis, I've seen the Gugenheim in Bilbao, I floated down a river through caves in Belize and saw the island of Cozumel on a scooter. I scuba dived in Honduras, saw the Capitol at night in Washington D.C, floated in a balloon above Palm Springs, ate a hot dog at Yankees Stadium, walked the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco, salsa danced in Santo Domingo, watched the Dallas Cowboys underneath Texas Stadium, saw the stage production of Lion King in London.....I don't say these things to be braggy, but i say it to remind myself how full my life is and how the mundane and the everyday and the hard stuff make getting to do all these things worth it. How in another 30 years, I can look back and say, "Nice work, Nance." I hope that I can continue to be blessed and worthy of great things to come. My life is full--it's no where near complete, but it's full. and I'm grateful. And although I want and pray for more, i have no complaints. Who knows what the next year, even decade will hold? I'm sure a lot of fun stuff and a lot of not fun stuff but I'm ready for it. Come what may and love it...

30 has been great so far. I have a new shirt, I had a cookie for breakfast, I've been wearing the official "Miss Lehi 2003" crown all day at work, had a nice lunch with a good crew from the office, almost put myself in a food coma with some chocolate cake and am looking forward to the SYTYCD finale tonight with Les (Team Jeanine!). Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it...

xoxo
N

i also realized i should have been in pageants. big hair, from texas, can walk in heels. i was made for it :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! I hope you had a great day!

iammommahearmeroar said...

Happy B-day Nance! Loved reading all the memories. You are such an adventurous, fun girl! I love you!

the huberts said...

Nancy this was so fun to read. You have had a very adventurous life, thanks for letting me be a small part of it. love ya, amylee

Molly Hickcox said...

I may have gotten a tinge misty reading this post. Just sayin. Here's to another year of adventures!

Heather said...

1. You need to keep that crown and 2. We still need to have dinner again. I'm a loser and didn't organize it but, seriously, I will...promise.

Payne said...

Nancy...I lOVED these posts and I'm so glad you did them. The photos are priceless. I miss Cheeseburger after reading your posts!