Monday, August 3, 2009

A Wild Rompus

8. BARNES & NOBLE: A few years back, my good friend Amylee worked at Barnes and Noble. I asked her if I could volunteer to be the story lady for storyhour that they held on Thursday nights back in the kid’s section. For some reason, they let me and I did that for almost two years. It was a blast. These kids were hilarious and we always had a great time. It usually involved a few stories and then some sort of activity or craft. A lot of the publishers would send activity kits to go along with the books so we always something cool to do. I loved reading Where the Wild Things Are. We would all wear crowns and have a Wild Rompus. My favorite kiddos were a brother and sister who always came. They were so well-behaved and loved coming. Side note: I have very small feet and can sometimes buy kids shoes. I found a super cute pair of Diesel sneakers at the Rack and wore them often. The little girl noticed the same pair of shoes at the store and begged her mom to buy them so that she could have the same shoes as the story lady. I love it! I look back and wonder why I did it—I’m really not sure what inspired me to do it, but it was great…

No comments: