Monday, August 3, 2009

This one time at choir camp

7. CHOIR: That was my gig. Choir. Started in the 6th grade and did it all through senior year. I even lettered in it—got the awesome blue leather jacket from Midway High. There were festivals and contests and talent shows, trips, etc….I even went to choir camp….twice. Marilyn was the accompanist for the high school choirs all 4 years for me so that was great having her around and my friends loved her. She was known at school at Ms. J. There was the debacle that was our sophomore trip to Dallas that was ruined by a tornado and vicious storms. I was stuck in an elevator at our hotel for a little while. They had to pry the doors open and there was about a 2 ft opening that they lifted us out through as we were between floors. Toronto my junior year and Galveston my senior year. You can only imagine the antics that went on on these trips. I ended up being a ward choir director twice at BYU and have been in a community gospel choir the last few Christmases. I love singing and wish I had more opportunities to be a part of a choir or group more often.

choir-last day senior year

6th grade concert. please don't confuse our minivan with the one to the left

Sounds of Silence
6th grade commercial for the best grocery in town-HEB. I led the group through produce. i'm furthest left.
Big River-8th grade. I got to hit the final high note by myself. i'm the last one on the second row.
before a concert
Chamber Singers '97

we thought our boys were so awesome...


told you.

No comments: