Monday, August 3, 2009

Viva Espana

16. SPAIN: Six years ago I went with Phil and Marilyn to Spain. Phil is a professor of Spanish and had taken students to Spain every other summer as long as I could remember, so I finally asked if I could join him. It’s sad to me that I can’t remember specifics of the places we went or cities we visited but I do remember going to the Guggenheim in Bilbao, the Prado in Madrid, and a weekend we spent on the North coast. I also went to the Phantom of the Opera and the Madrid Real soccer team won La Liga while we were there shutting down the city for an entire night of festivities. It was miserably hot and I made Phil take me to the mall to buy a fan. I was staying with a lady down the hall from where he and my mom were staying. Marilyn and I had quite a few adventures and overall it was a great time. I’m so glad I got to go and see an amazingly beautiful country and spend time with P&M.











No comments: