Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's a BOY!

So Lesley and Matt just came from the doctor and are proud to announce it's a boy! We're all very excited, especially since now we can do some shopping :) This is grandkid # 4 for Phil and Marilyn and grandkid #1 for John and Linda (Matt's parents). Congratulations to Matt & Les! I'm so excited to be an aunt again...

And speaking of being an aunt, I am headed to Arkansas this weekend to visit my nephew and two nieces, who i haven't seen since July. It also happens that Phil and Marilyn will be there this weekend as well so we should have a pretty good time. I've already been tagged to be the babysitter on Friday night so Chris and Amy can go out. I'm very much looking forward to getting away and to spending some time with the fam.

The weekend was pretty fun. I took Friday off and spent the day with Emily and Lesley running around town. After we had dinner, they headed home and I met up with some friends for Brad's 30th birthday. Happy Birthday Brad! We went to FastTrack and raced go-carts and then ended up bowling. Saturday morning, Les, Matt, Em & I headed up to Evanston, Wyoming to visit Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. They're getting up there in years but they were in good spirits and glad to see us. We had a little lunch and visited for a while. I also learned that the very first JC Penney was in Kemmer, Wyoming and that my grandpa and his parents were friends with the actual JC. Who knew? That's one of my favorite things about going to visit G & G Johnson. I always learn something new about them or pick up some treasure from Grandma's closet. She was quite the fashionista in her day and I love taking home a dress or a coat. After we got back to town, we headed down to a favorite stop in Provo-Magelby's Fresh-for dinner. We attempted to walk around the RiverWoods (an outside mall) for a while but it was quite chilly and we lasted about 2 minutes. I headed home and ended up at another birthay party. I stayed for a little bit but had to head home to work on a lesson for church the next day. The rest of the weekend was nice and quiet and Monday morning came too early. It's so cliche but Mondays are hard. I definitely had a case of the Mondays.

1 comment:

Jenny N said...

your siblings need to start blogs! try to convince them.