Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arkansas

So two weekends ago, I headed down to Bentonville to visit Amy & Chris and the kiddos. I hadn't seen them since July so I was excited to be there. I got in pretty late on Thurs night and Amy came and picked me up. Delta cancelled their direct flight so I had to stop in Minneapolis. My connection was really tight so it really was no surprise that my bag did not make it. The kiddos woke me up early the next morning and we jumped in the suburban to take the older two, Jackson & Melanie, to school. There was a definite system to the elementary school drop-off. It made me think of the scene in Mr. Mom where he doesn't know how to do the drop-off system and all the other parents get mad. Anyway, Amy, Allison and I enjoyed a pretty easy morning and afternoon running errands and shopping and lunching. We even saw a real red-hat society group at lunch-pretty entertaining. We picked up the kiddos after school and we played for a little while until dinner. Amy & Chris wanted to check out the new Ruths Chris so they went out for the night and I was the babysitter. Saturday, Phil and Marilyn came and the kids were soooo excited to see Grandma and Grandpa--it's probably because Grandma always has presents. We made bracelets and "sewed" some paper animals. Jackson put together his Star Wars lego set. It was a kid heaven. The rest of the weekend went by pretty quick and before I knew it, the whole gang was dropping me off at the airport Monday afternoon. Here are my top 7 highlights: 1. Amy's orange cookies 2. Allison calling me Emily all weekend 3. making bracelets with Mom, Melanie & Allison 4. the 3 trips to Walmart 5. watching multiple animated movies. 6. Melanie & Allison's swim class. 7. Jackson reaching the wall (He threw a football from end of the gym and hit the wall at the other end) Anway, it was a fabulous weekend away and the kiddos are just the cutest.

1 comment:

Jenny N said...

cute, cute pics of the kiddos!