Monday, February 11, 2008

The Weekend Update

Here are some random thoughts from the weekend:

1. Fool's Gold is TERRIBLE! I'd like to state that I didn't have high expectations going into the movie but I thought it would be mildly entertaining. I'm a big fan of fluff and I enjoyed their last movie together (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days) but wow--this one is really bad. I can't really explain why it was so bad--but it was just kind of a mess. Story lines all over the place and it was oddly violent for a romantic comedy. Anyway, don't go see it.

2. Apparently you have to specify the non-alcoholic pina colada at the Red Iguana. I was the first one at the restaurant and while I was waiting for the other girls, I decided to get a drink. I looked at the list and under the "non-alcoholic" drinks, it listed a pina colada and I thought, yum, that sounds good. I'll have one of those. The other girls arrived right as he was bringing me my drink and Jocelyn saw it and said, "hey, that looks good. I'll have one of those." Needless to say, about a quarter of the way through, it dawns on us that our drinks are full of Bacardi. Are we retarded? We quickly traded it for the kid version and all was well. Bottoms Up!

3. The dilemma of the gift card. Why are they so hard to spend? I currently have NINE gift cards and I've had some of them for a while. And I know I'm not the only one like this. It it just this inexplicable phenomenon. I do not know why it is so hard to spend, in essence, "free money". However, I did use one gift card over the weekend--I got a pedicure and LOVED it. Thanks Missy!

4. Grocery buggies are very helpful in moving. Some of my girlfriends moved this weekend, and, although, I was of NO HELP, I stopped by later in the evening to check-in on them. As I walk in I'm greeted by a few old Keller's Food Town grocery buggies. Apparently, the complex leaves them in the parking garages so that you can use them to haul things up to your apartment. very handy.

5. When you ask someone how many tickets they bought for a concert and they reply "two" it is safe to assume that they probably intend to take a date and you should not invite yourself along. Here's how the conversation went:
NJ: Riley, how many tickets did you buy for the Sara Bareilles concert?
RJ: Two
NJ Okay, well i'll buy one and we can all go together
RJ: Um, ok.
Pause for ten seconds
NJ: Oh wait, back up. You were going to take a date, weren't you?
It is amazing how brilliant I can be on a Sunday night. :)

No comments: