Wednesday, February 20, 2008

is it March yet?

February has been such a blah month. It's been cold and snowy and gloomy and pretty uneventful and since it is leap year, February will be one day longer than necessary. Blah. Speaking of leap year, I have 3 friends who were born on February 29th. Two celebrate on March 1st and one celebrates February 28th in the non-leap-year years. Two different logics: "I was born on the last day of February so most years, that is Feb 28th" OR "I was born on the day after February 28th so most years, that is March 1st." Very interesting. If you were a leap year baby, when would you celebrate? Anyway, it's not that I think March will be super exciting, but it should get warmer and I'm looking forward to a few things: Ski day at the office, Arkansas to visit the kiddos, weekend in St. George, etc.. and it will be one month closer to the New York trip I have planned with my mom and sisters that I'm totally excited about.
I had a good weekend. It was really nice to not have to work on Monday. Thank you Lincoln and Washington. Kim and I went to the Colbie Cailat concert on Friday night and lasted about 45 minutes. We were at my least favorite venue in Salt Lake City. It's smoky and the layout is terrible and even though we were there a little early, we still couldn't see a thing. She sounded great and I like her stuff, but we were bored just standing there. If I wanted to listen to her sing and not be able to see her, I would have saved my $20 and just listened to her CD. Anyway, the rest of the weekend was pretty standard but I was on aunt duty to Harris--my sister's almost 3 year old weimaraner. We had a pretty good time together. He is a cool dog. Sunday afternoon I got a call from an old friend who was having a few people over for dinner so I ended up going to a little dinner party Sunday night. I had such a good time. There were about 12 people and I didn't know any of them but 2. We had a lovely dinner and chatted for a while. Again, it was one of those unexpected pleasant surprises that I didn't plan for and it was great. Thanks to BH for a fun night. I'm back at work and already planning for my next day off. I blame it on February.


Thought for the day:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -WOW- What a ride!"


(Harris is a lot bigger now but this is one of my fave pics of him)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Nancy! I found your blog from Amylee's. First I have to tell that Jeff and I were laughing so hard from your snow storm experience...you're just so witty! It's great to see you and I hope you're doing well!

Heather said...

Nance! Love your blog. I'm so glad you're blogging! Love your banner too. Super cute. We need to get together one of these days...soon!