Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rise and Shout

So last night our ward had a "celebrity ball" of sorts. Basically a throwback to your high school's version of "most likely to..." or "best ____", etc... I was nominated for a few categories and ultimately won Best Cougar Fan, for which I am truly honored and proud. I was challenged to sing to Cougar Fight Song, but two bars in, was cut off with the "get off the stage" music. I could have finished though. Anyway, my trophy was a barbie doll spray-painted gold--a little frightening and a little scandalous. Barbie parts don't just disappear with spray paint :) But the evening was pretty fun and we had some good laughs-Rise and Shout-the Cougars are out.

Also, my friend Kristen hosted Friday Nights Light Night at her house last Friday and I am proud to say that we have converted 12 out of the 15 guests to be avid fans of the show. I'm telling you--you should get on board, people. Drama at its finest.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

glad to see you spreading the FNL love.

Gina and Jon said...

I would have to agree you are a great Cougar Fan. I have heard good things about the Friday night lights show so I will have to check it out!

Jessie said...

When I think of BYU football, I think of Dave's cougar growl, tortillas, and Nancy in a cute white BYU tee shirt always with the pom poms.