Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i love basketball. take it to the hoop for 2 points baby

the title should be read to the tune of "i love rock and roll" by joan jett.
19. BASKETBALL
it was freshman year. I was waiting for marilyn to come pick me up after school and was talking to some girls who were headed to the freshman boy's basketball game later that evening. It was an away game and I can't even remember where it was--maybe Marlin? Anyway, after i got in the car, Kylie chased me down and invited me to go with them. And this was the beginning of our little basketball fan club. We LOVED these boys. I think each of us had a crush on someone different. But we were the best cheerleaders ever. We went to every game--home and away. We even put an ad in the basketball program--there were several poses to choose from :) The parents loved us and even bought us t-shirts. I remember one game, I was dared $20 to run down on the floor and take a shot while the teams were warming up after halftime. Of course I did it and then felt utterly stupid after the ref had to stop the game after he spotted something on the floor. Oh, it was my earring and I had to sheepishly ask for it back after the game. I also recall singing at the top of our lungs "Sign" by Ace of Base and "One Last Cry" by Brian McKnight. We were such silly girls. Sophomore and junior year, we weren't as dedicated but we picked back up senior year. To Adam, Brent, Charlie, Nolan, Derek, Jim, Greg & Cory--it's great to be an MHS panther!






if you're wondering why there are no picture of the actual basketball team, it's because there are none. I don't think we ever took one photo with the team or any member of the team thereof.

No comments: