Monday, July 6, 2009

all i'm hearing is a lot of can'ts

i had a very painful conversation with Delta this morning and really wasn't getting the help or service i thought appropriate for the situation. I think i'm a pretty reasonable person but I expect good customer service. I also expect people to use common sense and simple courtesy even when "policy" says otherwise. I don't think i've ever been downright rude or ugly but I can get pretty pointed and tough on these phone calls. and more times than not, I've gotten my issue resolved the way i think it should be. and even today, i won. it took 45 minutes, 4 agents and two supervisors, but I won. In my time, I've written a number of strongly-worded letters, and asked to "speak to a supervisor" many, many a time. Even if the situation doesn't get resolved, it somehow makes me feel better. After my phone call with Delta, i had the thought that i've probably been that call that "has been recorded for traning purposes" and actually then been used for training purposes. I'm that girl. I'm the girl that companies teach their customer service agents how to diffuse. so, it's quite possible, that somewhere along the line you've received better customer service because of me. you're welcome.

No comments: