Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The week in review

Here is the variety of happenings the last week or so...

last Saturday Kim and I went to a concert--Thriving Ivory--and had a great time. I highly recommend checking them out. We met Molly afterwards for some dessert and then Molly drove me home and Kim drove to her new place in Bountiful. This is a crazy long story but Kim got home, thought someone was in her house, her salt and pepper shakers kept mysteriously moving, Molly and I drove to Bountiful, picked up Kim, drove back home, drove back up to Bountiful, called the police, went up to the apartment, figured out what had happened, had a good laugh, chit-chatted for a while, got home at 4 AM. trust me, it's a really long story... Tuesday I went to Thriller (dance show) with Les and some of her girlfriends and had a great time. This venue is particularly difficult to park at but by some miracle, we managed to get princess parking after some guy with a cello strapped to his back decided to go home for the night. He could tell we were cheering and hollering when we figured out we could have his spot so he gave us the thumbs up :) Friday night, we went to Witches Night Out. We just sported witches hats but the crazy ladies were out in full force. It was pretty entertaining and some of the costumes were pretty impressive. We grabbed dinner afterward and had one of the WORST servers ever. I'm not sure what it was that we did to her but she had an A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E from the moment we sat down. I like to think I'm a pretty good tipper--if you do a decent job, I'll give you a nice tip. There were six of us-it was an $80 dollar bill. She got $6 which was still being generous. Saturday, was the Cougar game. I got some work tix which is a pretty good gig--lunch and snacks and coolers under our seats...parking pass...We did pull a W but it was close. Who knew UNLV could move the ball like that? Thanks Pferd for coming with....as an avid Ute fan, I know it was hard to come to CougarTown. I had an exciting evening with the fam at Ikea but I did some craft projects to spruce up my little office space. Last night the girls went to the Cornbelly's corn maze in Lehi for some fall fun. We had a great time and there was quite a bit to do--I don't think any of us realized how big this place was and all the things they have set up. Kim and I inadvertently wore the same outfit and we had a minor scare when we realized Molly had dropped her keys somewhere in the corn maze but due to a friendly pumpkin head who lent us his flashlight keychain and a compassionate Jason, equipped with a chainsaw, we were able to find them. crisis averted.







2 comments:

Grace said...

hi, nancy... you got a cool blog and i enjoyed reading it... :)

Gina and Jon said...

I'm jealous.. you always are up to fun stuff!