Wednesday, October 29, 2008

i doubt it

really random drive-thru experience:

order speaker/employee #1: okay--your total will be $28.70
(we drive to window #1)
window #1/employee #1: (who happens to be wearing a jetson head set complete with red flashing lights and multiple buttons) ok, let me read back your order to make sure i got it right...
(reads order)
me: yes--but the one sandwich should have ranch on it
employee #1: ok, let me fix it.
(3 minutes and an employee huddle later)
employee #1: ok--your total is $23.82
me/mel: are you sure? you told us earlier it was $28.70
employee #1: yeah--since I messed up the order, i'm not charging you for the sandwich but you'll still get it
me/mel: are you sure?
employee #1: yeah
(we drive to window #2)
window #2/employee #2 (happens to be a 15-yr old pimply-faced boy): so we're not doing the roast beef ranch, right? you took it off the order...
me/mel: actually no, we need the sandwich. the girl at the first window said we didn't have to pay for it.
employee #2: well, she's a liar
me/mel: ok, well are we going to get the sandwich or not?
employee #2: I doubt it
(3 minutes and an employee huddle later)
manager (utah county mom with a permagrin): oh my gosh, we just forgot to have you pay for that sandwich so we're making it right now, but we need you to pay for it
me/mel: whatever--here's the card
(manager comes back to the window with the receipt and as if taken by surprise...)
manager: wow, you girls are beautiful. just really beautiful...
me/mel: um thanks?
(3 minutes and an employee huddle later we FINALLY get our sandwiches)

p.s. they put my pickle next to my cookie. i can't eat a pickle cookie.

grade: F for Kneaders in Highland.

No comments: