Tuesday, October 14, 2008

he didn't get his hot dog

Sister Kristen Oaks (wife of Elder Oaks-member of the quorum of the 12 apostles) spoke to our ward last night and I was thoroughly impressed. She is just the most darling woman and hilarious. I was laughing the entire evening. She came with her husband and was under the impression that the meeting started at 7:30 PM when, in fact, it was supposed to start at 7:00. Our bishop called church HQ, which in turn, immediately placed a call to Sis Oaks. They were at Costco and said they would leave immediately and come to the church. However, Elder Oaks was so disappointed he didn't get his hot dog due to the time constraint and the number of folks who recognized and stopped him (even though she tried to disguise him in a hat). In her own words, "Elder Oaks didn't get his Costco hot dog. It's been a hard day". Anyway, she is an excellent speaker and I was inspired at her faith and dedication during her 55+ years as a successful, single, LDS woman. Thank you Sister and Elder Oaks for your message--I LOVED it. PS-She has a new book out called A Single Voice, which I've heard is most excellent. I think I will check it out...

No comments: