Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Usual Suspects

So most of you have realized that I spend a lot of time with my girlfriends. Most of my posts are about somewhere we've been or some activity we've participated in or some silly adventure that we've had. Recently, I've (we've) received a lot of grief about being in an "exclusive girls club" and not spending any time with boys. This may or may not be a fair statement but regardless, I absolutely adore my girlfriends and here are a few reasons why:

Jocelyn:
1. Joc is in it to win it. No matter what she does, it's all the way. She filled in for our softball game last week and she was in the game 100%. She was so nervous but when she got out there she was determined to make the plays and she did. Anything we plan or do, (tie-dye, rodeo, concerts, classes, costa rica, etc. ) Joc is committed and I totally admire that.

2. Joc is what you see is what you get. Sorry to be cliche but it's the best way to describe it. She's patient and kind but don't be an idiot. She'll call you out on it. There's no pretenses, no faccade with Joc. She's very genuinely Jocelyn.

3. "Jawzaline" is laid-back and easy going but she doesn't take a back seat. She can go with the flow but she doesn't get lost in the crowd. Jocelyn is one cool cat.

Molly:
1. Molly is a wonderful example. She's always very aware of what's going on and in tune with those around her. She's always striving for ways to be better and more loving and more forgiving. She has a knack of keeping things in perspective and not getting caught up in the little things.

2. She's hilarious. Molly has a reputation for being conservative, which she is to a degree, but girl can let loose. She can crack jokes and be crazy with the best of them. I love that I know this side of her and anyone else who does should consider themselves lucky.

3. Molly is my girl. She's the one who I can talk to at midnight or be a sounding board when I need to vent. She's thoughtful and understanding and just plain awesome.

Kim:
1. Kim is my little Lupe. She has an enthusiasm and excitement that is infectious. She is a great addition to any adventure. You can't help but smile and laugh when Kim is around. She has always got something going on--some plan or idea of something to do-never a dull moment with Lupe. and the boys love her :)

2. She's always willing to help out--I feel like I could ask her for anything. She's definitely there when you need her.

3. love playing softball with Kim (when she's not injured--dang those triathlons)

Mangs:
1. Ashley walks to the beat of her own drummer and it definitely adds to the spice of our adventures. She'll always say or do something unexpected that keeps us on our toes.

2. She will bust out these stories or one-liners that keep us rolling for hours.

3. Ash always wants to know that you're okay. She has a good heart and good intentions and would do antyhing you'd ask her to. Thanks Ash--you're a gem.


No comments: