Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hold Onto the Night

I am a big geek--a big geek who loves the 80s. I found out that Richard Marx was coming to Sandy and I just knew I had to go. No one was really on board with my awesome idea so until the day-of, it looked like I was going to go solo. But, thanks for my friend BC--I didn't have to go by myself and look sad and pathetic. Thanks, Bryan. Anyway--the concert was great--he played all of my old favorites (pretty much the entire Repeat Offender album) and some new ones that were really good. He also performed a few of the songs he's written for the likes of N'Sync and Keith Urban. I got a video clip of him singing Now and Forever. One of my best high school friends, Jerod, sang this at our high school talent show and the girls went nuts--so Jerod--the video is for you :) The best part of the evening was the sing-along to Right Here Waiting. I was secretly hoping that he would call me on stage to accompany him. I have the sheet music.

2 comments:

Mary said...

No Way, I totally would have been there. You know I went to a Richard Marx concert when I was 11 - it was in some mall's parking lot. I had no idea he was still on tour. :)

Jenny N said...

I'm impressed..he sounds pretty dang good! I forgot about jerod singing that song, but I always remember that Mary's dad took her to his concert!