Friday, January 18, 2008

too late to apologize

I heart One Republic. Traci and I and her two sisters went to the concert this week and they are amazing live. I first heard Too Late to Apologize on So You Think You Can Dance back in the summer and immediately downloaded it. It was only available on Timbaland's album, Shock Value. Finally One Republic's album was released and I decided to buy the whole thing and I love it. Say and All We Are are phenomenal songs. Traci and I had floor tickets and we braved it for almost three hours, yes three, during the 3 opening acts, but after the 3rd act people started getting really ancy and pushing and shoving their way up to the front. We were actually really close to the stage so we were definitely getting the brunt of it. I've never been more annoyed in my life. High-school kids and UVSC punks trying to start a mosh pit and there wasn't even any music playing. We were body to body and we had to sway with however the crowd went--you had no choice. I elbowed and booty-checked as much as I could but it was pretty brutal. We finally conceded and went and found some seats in the stands. However, we were able to make our own way out of the mess. Some people had to be plucked out of the middle of the crowd by the bouncer guys at the front of the stage--that was pretty entertaining as well. Anyway, the band was awesome and their lead singer is pretty cute and charming which helps. He totally can pull off a v-neck t-shirt and vest. not my favorite look but he looked goooood. I've got an "enrichment planning summit" tonight. I'm hoping to get a chunk of the enrichment activities planned for the year. It should be a pretty good time. I really like all the girls on the committee. I've got a little gift bag for them all and we're, get ready, going to MOD-PODGE! It's very exciting, I know. Our Bishop and his wife are out of town and have offered their home to us for the night. They pretty much live in a mansion so it should be pretty sweet. Until the next time...

No comments: