Thursday, April 9, 2009

10 reasons why i LOVE tap class

1. Barb, the dance teacher, is 80 years old
2. She has fantastic legs for being 80 years old--still wears leotards
3. She's been teaching in her basement studio since 1955
4. I don't believe the basement studio has been updated since 1955
5. A number of mid-70s to mid-80s arts and crafts/chotchkies are hanging on the peg board wall
6. The music for our dances are spun on a record player (DJ Barb in the house!) **
7. The awesomely amazing girls who are in the class with me
8. My $20 ebay Capezio tap shoes
9. It's $7 a lesson
10. We've named ourselves GIRLS ON TAP (there are plans for t-shirts and track suits)

**I didn't have the privilege of knowing Gene--the live piano accompanist. She has passed on but I'm sure would have been a great addition to GIRLS ON TAP**

1 comment:

Payne said...

Pleast take pictures! I need pictures of this!