Monday, January 19, 2009

i wasn't last

i ran a race over the weekend. I'm not a runner by any means but I always feel inclined to enter races. So Kim and I tagged along with Christy, Connie and Sherrie and scooted down to St. G for the weekend. Kim and I took our own car and had a fun time on the drive down recounting some pretty great stories from our past and coming up with ideas to improve our themes for 2009. We got up early and headed to the starting place--it was freezing but luckily, warmed up by the time we started. We sent Connie, Christy and Sherrie on their way first as they were tackling the half-marathon and then we crossed over the start-line of our 5K. Kim did really well and I wasn't last. That's about all I'll say. We made a command decision to get back to town so we literally got in the car after our race was done and drove back to the SLC. Kim was a rockstar to drive the whole way--I offered to drive but we both have little confidence in my stick-shift skills :) After a nap, we met up at Pat's BBQ to watch a friend of ours play--she's in a blue-grass band. It was awesome. There is a large number of picnic tables end to end in some of the rooms and you just sit down next to whoever to enjoy some good'ol down home smoked BBQ. (featured on Guy Fieri's Dives, Drive-ins and Diners on the Food Network) Apparently we weren't full enough, so we ventured downtown to Flemings to get some creme brulee and chocolate cake. it was a pretty good weekend.

No comments: