Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i love bears

i love watching the bachelor. i'm not embarrassed and yes, i'm aware it's not real--thanks for the heads-up, though. i think i've watched most seasons except three--i never cared for Charlie O'Connell, Byron was too old and Prince Borghese was just eeewww.

there's a group of us gals who get together every monday and suspend reality for a few hours and get lost in the drama that is THE BACHELOR. Chris Harrison has even become charming and I don't mind hearing "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever" or "ladies, this is the final rose tonight" anymore. I can count, Chris, but thanks for clarifying :) We frequently get embarrassed for a number of the contestants and can't contain our vocal "whats, oh dears, and nooooooos" aimed at the screen. It's hilarious. We oftentimes rewind specific parts to confirm that yes, she's wearing a bottlecap belt, yes, she did just say that she loves bears, yes, she did just say that because of her depth, she will design a fetus for her painted bust, and yes, there is a mexican fiesta happening around her neck in the form of a scarf. I just can't get enough! Favorite conversation from last night:

Jason: tell me something about you...
Natali: I love bears
Jason: like koala bears? panda bears?
Natali: no, all bears

okay. it really should be no surprise that she got sent home and to make it worse, she had to take off her borrowed $1M diamond jewelry right there on the curb of the Palms in Las Vegas before she got in the limo. ouch.

i love the ridiculous dates that don't really ever happen in real life. (i'd like to see a "Bachelor" take a girl to Cafe Rio and to a bad movie and then see if she "feels a connection". i'm pretty sure I'd "feel a connection" too if I was in a private jet, draped with $1M of diamonds or at my own private Robin Thicke concert or having Legoland all to myself :) good job Bachelor producers!) i love the deliberation room and the cheesy music and how he ponders on each framed picture, frequently picking up the framed picture for further effect. Anyway, it really was the most dramatic rose ceremony ever and we all can't wait to see Megan go home. Team Melissa or Jillian or Molly! okay, and I like Naomi too. Thank you K, K, M, A & A for evenings I look forward to every week. until next Monday...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ha ha! Love this post. My status update on Facebook today is, "Kim loves bears."

Jenny N said...

The depth/fetus comment was so hialrious. My roommates and I watched that AWKWARD kissing scene with the red dress girl like four times and screamed and laughed every time.

A Dunn Deal said...

Hilarious. Matt and I want to be the first to know when you feel a connection at the Cafe Rio after a Tostada Wednesday night.