Friday, August 15, 2008

two kinds of people

Grandpa J always jokes that "there are two kinds of people in this world: The Johnsons and those who wish they were Johnsons" Well lucky for me, I'm the former :) This past weekend was the annual Johnson family BBQ in Evanston, Wyoming and it was a lovely time. At the beginning of the year, I wasn't very hopeful that Grandpa would make it to August, but lo and behold...He gave a really nice, teary speech about how grateful he was for his family: for grandma, for his sister, for his brother-in-law, for his kids, grandkids, etc.... and all the miles and prayers spent in his behalf earlier in the year...I don't know how much time Grandpa J has left, but I'll take all that I can get. I love you Grandpa and am so proud to be a Johnson. Phil (my dad), Uncle Paul and Uncle Steve. I think I look a lot like Phil :)

1 comment:

Jenny N said...

you look exactly like Phil...that picture is so precious. I'm glad I got to meet Grandpa J the one time I was privileged enough to attend a Johnson family reunion.