Thursday, August 7, 2008

they say it's your birthday

so i had a few birthday festivities yesterday. it started with lunch over at les and matt's house with cake # 1 (remember the giant cupcake). i then returned to their house after work where i was greeted with cake # 2 and presents. Marilyn insisted on taking a photo of me with each of my presents. although i didn't post all of them, i made out pretty well. i'm especially excited about my spa gift certificate and new driver. I'm convinced I could be a better golfer if i had better gear so we'll see. i think the club head is bigger than my own head so i think it would be terribly sad if i continued to miss the ball. i then raced to our last softball game of the summer season and it was pretty bad. I was embarrassed that this was the game Phil saw me play in. There then was an impromptu party over at Kim and Christy's with a few friends that originally started out as a SYTYCD finale watching. In one of the pics you can see the TV screen with it on behind us. i LOVE it. All in all it was a great day--thanks to all my friends and family who helped me celebrate. I better enjoy it now before I turn 30 and everything goes downhill :) PS--please note the very fashionable outfit: sport shorts, 3rd base t-shirt, ankle socks, 10 yr old adidas sandals, red wristband, pink boa and purple tiara. I was ensconced in feathers!










3 comments:

Molly Hickcox said...

This is my favorite post ever! Probably because I took most of the pictures...and because you included the Morman Ad (thanks to Jared and Joc for being our models).

Mary said...

Aaagh...how are you not on my birthday alarm? Actually, you are now since I just added you. Sorry I missed the big day. Sounds like it was a great one.

Gina and Jon said...

Happy Birthday Fancy Pants!! Looks like you had a blast of a party!!