Wednesday, June 4, 2008

team building

Lake Powell was a blast again this year. I had just gotten home from Belize and the next day was at Costco loading up the 15 passenger van full of food for the company trip. Wendi was a great helper and we giggled about pushing two flat beds and a giant cart through the store. The checker volunteered to help us out and we both had to give the wth face and laugh when he chose to push the grocery cart leaving Wendi and I with the flat bed carts. Hello. We had a minor mishap with the tomatoes but other than that, we were off. Just a quick six hour drive (i was unconscious for most of it) and we pulled into Antelope Point Marina-got the houseboat loaded and hit the hay. I was actually feeling quite ill and was getting nervous--I had received a call earlier that day letting me know that both Matt and Les were up most of the night throwing up. I slept pretty well and after a little porcelain time of my own early in the morning, was feeling fine. We set sail with the houseboat scouting the perfect location. We anchored in a great little spot by the "cookie jar" and waited for the rest of the kids to arrive. We immediately jumped in one of the boats and headed out with the surfboard and wakeboard. The weather was perfect and the water felt great. The rest of the weekend was spent with great food, great people and great times. We hiked to Rainbow Bridge, tried fishing with our bare hands, played on the slide, explored a number of canyons, did more wakeboarding and tubing, played on the wii, played catch phrase and watched a couple oldie but goodie movies: fletch and karate kid--two of my personal favorites. One of the highlights was catch phrase with all 18 of us. Some people were throwing out some pretty funny clues but the best had to be the new guy with "intercourse attraction". the word was sex appeal. We had to stop the game as no one could stop laughing. One of the days, we were putting the slide into position (basically the slide comes out from the houseboat and there are metal bars that hold it in place--you can see in the pic) and I was ready to insert the middle piece and none of us were paying attention to the large bar that would soon fall on my foot. All four letter words escaped my mind and all I could say was "I need to go away for a minute". I ran into the houseboat as tears welled up in my eyes but none escaped--I wasn't going to be a wuss. My toe ring was virtually flattened around my toe but we managed to pry it off. It hit so deep that the bruise is just now coming to the surface. It doesn't hurt now but oh what a moment to have in front of everyone I work with. All in all--good times for sure. I'd go back in a heartbeat. We're considering going back in October.














































1 comment:

Jenny N said...

you look like you belong in the middle east in that last pic ;-)