Monday, June 23, 2008

it's the broncs and the blood, the steers and the mud and they call the thing RODEO



i love the summer and all the activities that come along with it: barbecues, pool days, hikes, outdoor concerts, going to the lake, demolition derbies and of course, the rodeo. Rodeo season is upon us and my first one of the summer was this past weekend at the Strawberry Days in Pleasant Grove. This was my fourth Strawberry Days and it hasn't disappointed yet: rodeo clowns, rodeo royalty, bulls, mutton bustin' (kids on sheep), wild cow milking, motocross entertainment and strawberries and cream for a $1. it was just some good, old-fashioned, small-town fun. the people watching was most excellent as well. and did you know that there is quite the money to be made as a cowboy. One guy was already at $100K + for the year. Forget investment bankers and doctors--give me a rodeo cowboy :) If that doesn't pan out, I guess I will try my hand at barrel racing.
PS-thanks Molly for catching me off guard!

No comments: