Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This was a bad idea

what's up cyberworld? there's nothing new or notable in the life of nancy but I guess that really doesn't ever stop me from blogging. It seemed like last week I had something to do every single night of the week except Friday. It's funny how it seems that I am the most popular girl Monday-Thursday but once the weekend rolls around, I can hear crickets chirping. Anyway, Saturday was nice--I started out with a pedicure and then met Les and Matt and Em for lunch at the Rio and then headed up to see Grandpa in Evanston. Em flew in town for the weekend to come visit him. He's still on the road to recovery but definitely doing better than the last two times I've been up there. He's in a nursing/rehab facility and hopefully if he continues to improve can go home soon. Honestly, I think being home would be the best medicine. He was in somewhat good spirits and joking a little. When Lesley pointed out her pregnant stomach, all he could say was "Well it's your own fault!" This is exactly why we love Grandpa J. I saw Miss Pettigrew with the girls that evening and then met them again the next morning for a nice crepe breakfast before the morning session of conference. I met up with the fam again and we visited Uncle Steve in the hospital. I tell you the Johnson boys are all falling apart! We spend the rest of the day being a little bit lazy. It was really nice. This week is pretty quiet at the office. All my guys are out until Friday so I've been able to get a lot done and no one notices if I'm gone for two hours at lunch :) Idol is on tonight which makes me happy and i'm definitely looking forward to the return of NBC shows on Thursday--new episodes of 30 Rock and The Office--hello. I ended up taking third to last in the office pool for the NCAA finals. I was holding on to last place for a while but was fine to give up the title. That last second 3-pointer from Chalmers was pretty impressive. Go Jayhawks! One last little tidbit: Em decided she wanted to go down to Provo last night for dinner at Brick Oven--a family favorite for 20+ years. So we do the 30 minute drive in the snow to get there and find one million families waiting in the lobby. Apparently, Monday is free root beer night and the number of cheap families in Utah County is not in short supply. The ratio of kids to adults was easily 3:1. When our name was called--Emily, party of two, we were immediately taken to the coveted "date booth" in the middle of the restaurant. It's a U-shaped booth made from silver sparkly vinyl. awesome. We heard the special brick oven birthday song no less than 5 times and the line to see the balloon animal guy was ten deep. The night was not complete without the infamous Johnson line of "This was a bad idea"

2 comments:

Jenny N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny N said...

The Brick Oven sounds like Emily's ideal situation. haha. Glad to hear your grandpa is doing better!